PDA

View Full Version : Chipmunk and Acorn

Chris Hansen
06-18-2008, 11:12 AM
A cliche' shot of a chipmunk with an acorn at one of my backyard feeders.

Canon 10D
100-400is
1/20th @ f4.5
First critter post here at BPN

God's light and love to all,

Chris

Alfred Forns
06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi Chris might be a cliche but a nice one !!! Big Congrats on your first critter post !!!!

Would try posting at the max size of 800 pixels since its difficult checking at this small size.

Looks like like there was some strong light, the food and top of head are a little overexposed Would also have tried moving left/right to have the head in a better position. As presented is just merging with the edge of the tree Did not see the ISO and comp, do post they are important. 1/20th is slow and can lead to motion blur from any critter movement. Did you use a tripod here? Looking forward to more critters !!!!

Chris Hansen
06-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Alfred,
This was shot from my home office window. It was either on a solid wooden ground pod w/ a Bogen 3055 Ballhead on my windowsill or a Bogen 3021 tripod with the same ballhead. ISO was 100. Thanks for the input.

God bless,

Chris

Roman Kurywczak
06-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi Chris,
It is really tough to tell some of the details in the small size.From this view there is something to the light and i quite can't put my finger on it. I do like the pose even if it is a cliche. Welcome to the forums and keep them coming!

Alfred Forns
06-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Chris at ISO 640 you would have had a decent shutter speed and noise would not have been a problem !!!!