PDA

View Full Version : Playful Tree Swallows

Daniel Grossi
04-14-2017, 07:04 AM
Whenever things are slow at my regular spot, these Tree Swallows always make for something good.

D500
Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6e VR @ 500mm
1/2000
f/8
ISO-900
Spot Metering

Cleveland, Ohio
April 2017

Chris R. Johnson
04-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Great action/timing. I personally might take some of the empty space on the left out so the birds are not too small in the image. The water background is nice.

David Salem
04-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Daniel,

Great looking interaction between the two birds and I like the perch and colors too.

Looks like a pretty big crop but I decided to show you what I thought a nice comp might be for this frame. Granted the IQ on my end isn't that good, hopefully you can do better with the RAW file.

I cleaned up the bright area behind the birds and added a little more blacks.

Keep getting out there as you are getting some nice stuff, just need to get a little closer.

Well done

Daniel Grossi
04-18-2017, 06:19 AM
XXXXX

Daniel Grossi
04-18-2017, 06:24 AM
Great action/timing. I personally might take some of the empty space on the left out so the birds are not too small in the image. The water background is nice.

Thanks Chris! Yeah - I love that water background, and thanks for the critique.

Daniel Grossi
04-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Daniel,

Great looking interaction between the two birds and I like the perch and colors too.

Looks like a pretty big crop but I decided to show you what I thought a nice comp might be for this frame. Granted the IQ on my end isn't that good, hopefully you can do better with the RAW file.

I cleaned up the bright area behind the birds and added a little more blacks.

Keep getting out there as you are getting some nice stuff, just need to get a little closer.

Well done

Awesome Dave! Thanks for the critique. I'm relatively new to wildlife and nature photography and still have an apprehension to hard crops... I really need to get over it ha ha. I'm getting ready to go out and shoot right now, but soon (perhaps tonight), I'll revisit this photo and incorporate some of your suggestions. I'll reply with it when it's done.