PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Skies ar Dusk

Michael Thompson
04-13-2017, 09:15 AM
I was fortunate to be set up at sunset, because soon after the sky just blew up with color! It was a short show though, the aurora was out all night but it was rather weak after the first flare up. Canon 6D, Sigma 18-35mm at 35 mm f1.8 8/5 sec, 4000 iso

Don Railton
04-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Hi Michael

I have held off on commenting on this one in the hope you may have commented yourself on other images.. It's the way this forum works...:w3 I think you have been luck enough to capture nicely a phenomenon that would be quite spectacular to witness in the flesh so to speak. I am sure it reminds you nicely of the excitement you had when you captured it, unfortunately for me it is not quite so exciting... The aurora is nicely coloured & framed but the foreground adds little I feel and your signature is a little too dominant for me. I do appreciate however that it may be difficult composing something like an aurora (or lighting) that may appear and randomly positioned in the sky.

regards

DON

Michael Thompson
04-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Hi Don, thanks for the reminder! I will be sure to comment on others before posting next time so it doesn't get neglected!:bg3:
~MT

Andrew McLachlan
04-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Very nice display of color in the sky here Michael!

Don Lacy
05-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Hi Michael, Nice color in the sky but I do wish you had a stronger foreground to anchor the image.