PDA

View Full Version : Glossy Ibis

Joseph Przybyla
04-08-2017, 07:57 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 1000 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

gail bisson
04-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Very nice Joe. I like the fluffed up wings and the iridescence that you have been able to showcase with the light hitting those feathers perfectly.
I think you needed a bit more DOF for the head, as it is a bit soft but the bill is sharp which is good.
The blue in the water is a bit washed out and I would bump up the blues selectively,
Gail
PS I heard we were at Joe Overstreet on the same day. Too bad we missed as it would have been nice to meet you.

John Mack
04-09-2017, 04:27 PM
I like the wing position on the bird, the image looks a little soft i would also crop some off the right.

Joseph Przybyla
04-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Hey Gail and John, thank you for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.

Gail, I was set up all wrong for this bird. I had the settings to expose for egrets and spoonbills that were landing in a receding pool of water at Circle B. I saw this bird out of the corner of my eye and instinct took over regardless of the settings. So I was trying to make up for underexposure and noise in post processing. Most times I would have binned the image but I liked the wing position so I salvaged it best as I could.

P.S. Dottie and I could have passed you and Ann on Joe Overstreet Road without knowing. Small world....