PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Screech-Owl.

Daniel Cadieux
03-25-2017, 01:50 PM
When I first arrived at this roosting hole, the owl had just arrived and was still wide awake. Bonus, as I usually only see this species sleeping or half asleep. After a few minutes it predictably closed its eyes and dozed off....

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, toned down the brightest whites on the chest feathers. I also darkened the one talon poking through the feathers as it was otherwise even less apparent.

Bill Dix
03-25-2017, 03:05 PM
A handsome view of this Screech-Owl, with terrific eye contact. Amazing to have him that close, and near eye level. Weathered wood of the hole adds interest. We had an accessible one in a public park a few years ago, but I never found him with eyes open.

Isaac Grant
03-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Such a nice view of this screech owl in their habitat. Nice eye contact as well. I have a pair that live right near my house. I have been meaning to go and photograph them for a long time. I try and leave them be. Showed them to a friend last May and have not been back to see them but would love to have a go at them with my new gear. It is a mixed pair of red and gray phase.

Raybel Robles
03-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Great capture, wish I could see owls this easy where I live. Here we can go months, years without seeing a single Owl.

Satish Ranadive
03-28-2017, 01:26 AM
Excellent portrait of beautiful owl with superb colors and nice details.

Regards,
Satish.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

arash_hazeghi
03-28-2017, 02:14 AM
love the eye contact Daniel. I might add a bit of warmth to this image, in a perfect world eyes would be perfectly symmetric but I'd be a happy camper with this frame any day

TFS

Glenn Conlan
03-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Well done Daniel, it took a good trained eye to find this owl. Nice presentation