PDA

View Full Version : Giraffe Echo

Morkel Erasmus
03-23-2017, 03:15 PM
Hello friends.
Just back from a quick break to Kruger for the long weekend (Tuesday was a public holiday in South Africa).

Simplicity. Light.

I included this image in my annual "best of the year" blog post - moreso my personal favourites based on memories and journeys, not a veritable "best of" per se.
You can read the full post here if you haven't yet: http://bit.ly/Morkel2016

Taken in Etosha late last year.

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 400mm f2.8G VR
f7.1 | 1/1250 SS | ISO-400

Rachel Hollander
03-24-2017, 07:07 AM
Hi Morkel - I very much like the simplicity of this and the sunset colors. Maybe just a touch more room at the bottom if you have it.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
03-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Lovely Morkelscape:w3

I perceive a sense of solitude, looking at this scene. Lovely rich colours, despite the nudity of the landscape - there's not a mountain, not a tree, but somehow full of poetry...am I right, Morkel?

Well seen and captured, beauty in Nature never escapes your kin eye, thank you so much for sharing.

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
03-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Hi Morkel ....yep this does work well on most counts for me .
The right amount of shadow & light , lovely colors and the great vastness of Etosha ....one of the loveliest places i ever visited .
I do like the arrangement of the two Giraffes very much .... i just wish the crop would be slightly different , i might crop from the RHS and have a bit more on LHS , just my thinking .

Nevertheless a pleasure to look at ....

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
This is what I would call a "thinking person's image", very well seen and captured. I think the giraffes are well positioned in particular the distant one not being intersected by the horizon.

Marc Mol
03-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Cracking light and reverse symmetry working here Morkel, with just the right amount of shadow detail :w3

TFS

Basil Dardagan
03-26-2017, 05:33 AM
Typically Morkel.........taking an opportunity and making it better !! Pleasure to view - oozing feeling

Morkel Erasmus
04-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Thank you all so much...