PDA

View Full Version : A Squirrel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Dear all,
I really missed being on the forum for a while. Too much work and some travelling kept me form my photography & PP.
I recently visited Orlando, FL & got some opportunity to photograph birds. While chasing the birds I came across this little fellow running on the grass of a golf course which was a part of the resort I was staying in. I also visited Gatorland and did shoot some Gators too. Will try to post when I can. Also, will catch up with the great images posted by all you amazing people.
Regards,
Sanjeev
7D II
100-400 II
1/3200
f/6.3
ISO 800

Rachel Hollander
03-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Good to see you back! The light wasn't really on your side here with the angle and the strength. I do like the pose with the tail up and curved. You've got good sharpness and detail even in the shadows and a nice low pov. If it were mine I would crop out the dark area behind your signature.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Welcome back! What a cutie you got here, perky tail and all! Correctly exposed and some very nice detail, techs look good.

Is that a mushroom or a nut on the LHS on the grass? The little one seems interested in it. Lovely pose by the way.

Agree with Rachel regarding direction of light but I guess nothing you could do about it. Colours look great.

Mmm... I feel that the dark area in the ULC needs to go because it is just too obvious, what say you?

This is a fun and cheerful image I enjoyed viewing - cannot wait to see the rest and especially those Gators, thank you so much for sharing:S3:

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
03-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Hi Sanjeev lovely little squirrel , i really like the simplicity and the tail up .
Light was not on your side i think , but you did well . I might lower the contrast to extract more detail from the darks . I do agree you do not need that darker patch in the ULC .
Nice low POV .

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
03-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Hi Sanjeev, like the low POV, but wished you were shooting with the light behind you to avoid the shadow. Nice alert pose and cool to have the tail upright. I don't feel the SS is high, as the ISO wasn't excessive, but if he/she moved you had SS to still freeze things.

TFS
Steve