PDA

View Full Version : Theme Golden hour thirst

Marc Mol
03-14-2017, 12:42 PM
A lioness grabs an opportunity to quench her thirst in the early evening golden hour before sunset and another hunting session in the Selinda Game Reserve- Botswana.

Nikon D4s
Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL VR
1/1000s
f/6.3
ISO400

Slight crop, bean bag from front pax seat, curves, levels, TK adj's in ACR & PS CC.

Cheers
Marc

Gabriela Plesea
03-14-2017, 02:12 PM
Dear Marc,

Lovely capture of this lioness drinking and a nice tranquil mood to the scene overall.

The composition is great, I am a bit in doubt about the amount of cyan - and to a lesser extent, magenta - in the water. I took the liberty to tame them a bit, do you think this might work for you?

Kind regards,

Andrew McLachlan
03-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Great capture Marc and calm waters allowed for an equally great reflection...I like Gabriela's repost with the cyan and magenta toned down a touch.

Rachel Hollander
03-15-2017, 06:44 AM
Hi Marc - A very nice drinking image with a good reflection. I like the way the curves of the water lead us into and through the image. I too like what Gabriela has done with the colors.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
03-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Many thanks Andrew, Gabriela & Rachel.

I am a bit in doubt about the amount of cyan - and to a lesser extent, magenta - in the water. I took the liberty to tame them a bit, do you think this might work for you?

Kind regards,

Agree, Gabriela, the water colour doesn't look accurate and like your RP here and could go even further with the magenta in the top RH area.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Hi Marc, a stunner for sure! Love the habitat, the behaviour and the light here. Well done my friend and :cheers: for the great composition!

Mike Poole
03-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Beautiful light and just about the perfect angle on the cat. I really like the composition with the river meandering away through the background, nice framing. Good RP with the colour adjustments, and a very nice frame.

Mike

Andreas Liedmann
03-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Hi Marc whats not to like about this image .
Lovely light and the colors do look good to me in your OP , well a matter of taste , a little bit got lost in Gabriela´s version .
The drinking lioness is looking with that stunning eye perfectly lit up .
Just the crop .... is not my preferred one , i might loose the top a fair bit just where the last bit of the main water ends , for a cleaner finish

TFS Andreas

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Beautiful image. Awesome reflection

Stuart Philpott
03-20-2017, 03:50 PM
My comment run similar to Mike, Marc. The angle wonderfu the reflection stella ,I do love the river winding away,so cool such a draw to me as a viewer.
Stunning exectution as always Marc

stu

Rahul Sachdev
03-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Well positioned. Makes such a lot of difference in an image. Thanks. Agree with @Stuart, the winding river adds a lot for me

Basil Dardagan
03-26-2017, 05:40 AM
A cracking wildlife image that is an absolute joy to look at !!

Mike Singh
06-20-2017, 08:21 AM
Fabulous!