PDA

View Full Version : Another pose - Painted Bunting

LouBuonomo
06-17-2008, 06:27 PM
When I went to TX the only thing I really wanted to come back with was this shot. I told Alan this before we went down and we worked really hard to make it happen.

So I give you Painted Bunting with Mexican Hat. This one is printed, frames and awaiting hanging.

Thanks for looking,
Lou

Los Madrones Ranch - Dripping Springs TX

http://Westhighland.smugmug.com/photos/315023793_xgmRK-XL.jpg

Axel Hildebrandt
06-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Beautiful bird, BG and pretty setting. I would give it a bit more room at the top.

Dan Walker
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Very nice Lou. The pose, perch and extra flowers are really good. might give a little more room up top. great image!

Dan

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Ditto Axel's comments. Love this image and what a gorgeous composition Lou with excellent color and detail !!! A definite keeper for sure !!!

Rod Wiley
06-17-2008, 07:17 PM
What a great capture, the only thing I'd change is the messed up feathers at the throat area. Congrats of a very fine photo. Rod

Daniel Cadieux
06-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Congratulations Lou!! Very worthy of it's place on your wall. I don't mind the rough throat area, but you could touch up the bright green leaf touching the upper foot (very minor). Very cool perch, and if one concentrates hard enough faces seem to appear in the bark :-)

Doug Brown
06-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Love it Lou. Agree about more room up top and removing the leaf touching the foot. On my recent trip to South Texas, this was THE bird I wanted to photograph. The closest I got was a juvenile male (not nearly as colorful) from 50-75 feet. So congrats on making the most of your encounter!

Jody Melanson
06-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Mission accomplished, Lou. Absolutely stunning image! I agree with Axel about more room at the top.

LouBuonomo
06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys.. This is sized as an 11x14 for print, so I went with less room on the top becase it was akward looking cutting the flowers.

Doug #1 target for sure.. a beautiful bird and place to find them

Sharna Lee
06-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Lou,
This is a stunning photo of a stunning bird. Wow! I think you did an excellent job here.
Thanks for sharing.

Sharna

Arthur Morris
06-18-2008, 05:59 AM
I like the image for the reasons noted above but feel that the bird is a bit overpowered by the stump and the flowers. I like Rod's repost a lot as the ruffled feathers bothered me too.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
06-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Great shot but I also wonder if it possibly a case of less could be more. It is instantly a jaw dropping image but would it look better without the flowers - I don't really know but I suspect it may do, it could depend upon which side of the bed I get out of!
Jon

Philip Pietri
06-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Superb image you have here! More room at the top might help balance the composition so that the perch doesn't dominate the frame and the feather repost helps. I really like the pose of your subject. Thanks for sharing.

Ed Erkes
06-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Superb image!! Beautiful perch!! I think it is great as is!! Again, nitpicking critiques--re ruffled feathers (very minor)and a green leaf (barely visible behind the foot) really bother me a lot more than anything in the image!! Eliot Porter is probably rolling over in his grave!!

Bob Blanchard
06-18-2008, 08:58 PM
First off, I love this image. The composition is off the charts, and I'd love to have it in my gallery! It will make a wonderful wall image! Congrats!

The ONLY thing that I think would have made this better was a different pose of the bird. Just my opinion, but I love the Painted Bunting poses with the back more to you, and the bird looking back over his shoulder. They are a stunning bird in ANY pose but when they are flashing that neon green shoulder at you...Wow!

Regardless, this is a fantastic image.