PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Oil-Spatter on the Sensor Problems ... Own a 1DX II?

sasan nejadi
03-07-2017, 07:11 AM
http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2017/03/07/canon-eos-1d-x-mark-ii-oil-spatter-on-the-sensor-problems/ (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2017/03/07/canon-eos-1d-x-mark-ii-oil-spatter-on-the-sensor-problems/)

Help me

I bought this camera, but still not received, this story is true????

sasan nejadi
03-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately, it is true, after this article ,some of my friends try it and they had this problem too ,That's a SHAME FOR CANON

arash_hazeghi
03-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Sassan, this is not a "problem" you need to understand all DSLR cameras will accumulate dust/oil on the sensor with heavy usage. I can't say my 1DX II is any worse than my other Canons. If you inspect it at f/22 many small particles will show but at f/4 or f/5.6 it will not be visible. you need to clean your sensor periodically with any camera. I usually only clean when I can see a dust spot in my photos as opposed to taking test shots at f/22 and then looking for it

best

sasan nejadi
03-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Sassan, this is not a "problem" you need to understand all DSLR cameras will accumulate dust/oil on the sensor with heavy usage. I can't say my 1DX II is any worse than my other Canons. If you inspect it at f/22 many small particles will show but at f/4 or f/5.6 it will not be visible. you need to clean your sensor periodically with any camera. I usually only clean when I can see a dust spot in my photos as opposed to taking test shots at f/22 and then looking for it

best

Hi ari

I have never seen such an issue in any DSLR cameras except Nikon D600 that made Nikon replace it with D610 as they could not fix the oil spatter .

arash_hazeghi
03-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Hi Sassan, if you check your camera at f/22 you I'm almost certain you'll see some dots. It's a bit worse for cameras that shoot at 10+ fps as the mirror moves so fast.

best

sasan nejadi
03-08-2017, 11:38 AM
I am not happy because I've replaced 1DXMKii with 5DMK4 and this is very painful for me! i hope 5DMK4 is perfect body for me

Steve Kaluski
03-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Sasan I own two MK2's and never have experienced the issue you have mentioned. In addition, I previous owned two 1DX MKI's and never had an issue. I would send it back to Canon if it's within two years of purchase which it would be and I am sure they would sort it out FOC.

As for the 5D I would check the sharpness, as have tested both bodies and we found the AF was out on numerous 1DXMK2/5D bodies, corrected by the AF Micro Adjustment, but Canon's calibration is far more refined.

sasan nejadi
03-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Sasan I own two MK2's and never have experienced the issue you have mentioned. In addition, I previous owned two 1DX MKI's and never had an issue. I would send it back to Canon if it's within two years of purchase which it would be and I am sure they would sort it out FOC.

As for the 5D I would check the sharpness, as have tested both bodies and we found the AF was out on numerous 1DXMK2/5D bodies, corrected by the AF Micro Adjustment, but Canon's calibration is far more refined.

Hi steve
I think, I had a chance!! to purchase the new Canon body and this is NOT GOOD

arash_hazeghi
03-10-2017, 02:18 AM
I don't understand what Sassan meant above, i.e. if he did buy the camera and had a problem with it or he did not buy the camera because he read about this problem and that changed his mind, at any rate the 5D4 is not a substitute for a 1DXII.