PDA

View Full Version : House Wren

Sid Overbey
06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
This little House Wren was hiding in a brush pile behind our home. The day was sunny, but he/she was sort of hiding in the bushes so the shutter speed was lower than I hoped.
Nikon D300
300/F4+1.7TC
ISO 500
1/80s
F/6.7
EV -.03
AV mode

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

Harold Davis
06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
bg looks awesome, perch is cool, and the birds pose is good too!!! bird does look a little soft though. maybe could have upped the ISO to get you some more shutter speed. it all looks soft so i'm guessing you needed more SS for that focal length.

exposure looks good too sid!!

Lance Peters
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Gorgeous BG, Like the pose and head angle.
Looks quite soft on my monitor - Harolds suggestions are good.

SeanKP
06-17-2008, 05:19 PM
One of my bogey birds. I just can't get a decent shot of a wren, they move so fast. I'd not disagree with anything Harold has said except maybe you could have given a tad more negative EC. I've taken the liberty of making a slight levels adjustment to darken the image and added just a hint of sharpening.
Sean

Alfred Forns
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Does look better Sean !!! ...... but once with some blur there is no coming back !!!!

Sid when going after little birds and there is no much light crank up the ISO I think is fine up to 800, after that you will need some noise reduction but always remember Chas Glatzers rule ...... noise is better than soft !!!! Works every time !!! You did real well with the little guy, excellent pose, great eye contact and good exposure !!!

Sid Overbey
06-17-2008, 09:17 PM
I went back to the RAW image and changed how I processed the image. Also did more sharpening of the wren. Is it better, worse, or about the same? Thanks.

Gus Cobos
06-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Sid, I like the capture and pose...a bit soft , yes; but you got him...:D

Oscar Zangroniz
06-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Great capture Sid, you must be getting the hang on your new camera. Excellent BG!!!!!