Tomasz Zawadzki
03-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Taken with:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
ƒ/5.6
1/320
ISO 2500

It's from the same day as the previous one. But i like it even better than the one with the tongue.
Wonder what you guys think about it.

Jonathan Ashton
03-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Tom another super shot, excellent rendition of the plumage, if I were to choose between this and the previous 'pecker I would go for the previous, I like the tongue and the snow..... but there's not much wrong with this one:5

Isaac Grant
03-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Such a cool looking woodpecker! Nice pose and the smooth background sets it off really well. Image quality looks great for ISO 2500 (I know I need to accept that these cameras handle those ISO's really well :bg3:).

I think the large area of tree trunk on the bottom right of the frame distracts from the bird a little, especially since you do not have enough depth of field to keep the whole trunk sharp. Also it looks like the face may be slightly over sharpened. But I am not sure if maybe that is just how the feather pattern is on that bird.

Tomasz Zawadzki
03-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Thanks. Yes it could have been better if shot at f7.1 or f8 but light didn't really allow it. I am not sure if i could get really sharp photo below 1/320 as he was moving quite fast and i didn't want to go above ISO 2500.
When it comes to sharpness i might oversharpen while resizing to 1200x800 file from the original file that you can check on my flickr.

Raybel Robles
03-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Lovely image, i dont mind the big perch at all. I think a few parts in the head and white feathers in the wing is a bit on the bright side. Love the details and those feathers!