PDA

View Full Version : Winter American Robin

Daniel Cadieux
02-28-2017, 07:52 PM
There was a good flock of these guys coming across a frozen marsh, feeding on tiny tidbits of food (perhaps snow fleas, as I could not see anything, but they were definitely grabbing stuff to eat). I just laid down flat on my stomach and waited until they had approached close.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, just about FF, usual eye work, and darkened the snow "line" at the feet.

Jonathan Ashton
03-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Just about perfect Dan! I like the exposure, the colours are excellent, the hint of orang in the background compliments the robin beautifully.

Isaac Grant
03-01-2017, 09:05 AM
I love the grand pose here. Lovely soft color palette and a beautiful snowy shot. Agree the hint of color in the background is really nice. I do think the image looks a little bit flat and it really does not jump out at me like as Robin is sitting on the snow should.

stuart wanuck
03-01-2017, 10:01 AM
yes great bg lovely pose

Tomasz Zawadzki
03-01-2017, 11:10 AM
I like it very much. Soft background with a bit of orange is really good. It wouldn't be as nice without it. Everything else : pose, exposure, sharpness and quality is great.

Alex Becker
03-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Awesome shot -- Agree that the setting and BG are very complimentary. I also agree with Isaac that it could use a bit more 'pop'. Great catchlight as well -- thanks for sharing!

Raybel Robles
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM
I love it as it is, it gives that artistic feel to it. Really liking the soft orange background, it goes perfectly with the Robin.