PDA

View Full Version : Hawfinch (Coccothraustes coccothraustes)

Tomasz Zawadzki
02-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Hi. After a break (over 1 year) i have decided to buy new gear and come back to shooting birds.
I will be posting some of my backyard photos that i took this winter.

Shot taken with:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
ƒ/9.0
1/400
ISO 2000

It's not cropped, full frame. Noise removed from the background, levels, luminosity curves for a bit of contrast and sharpening with USM at the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomzawadzki/

Marina Scarr
02-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Glad to have you back and what a great photo to start off with. Love the perch, head turn and amazing detail you captured in the feathers. The colors of the bird go so well with the Background, and I love those little feathers on the bird's leg.

Bill Dix
02-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Stunning "backyard" bird, nicely captured. What a head on this guy. Sharp and with a nice head turn. Good perch too.

Jonathan Ashton
02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Fine details and exposure, nice head turn. I would suggest moving the perch 30-40cm further away from the camera, the DOF at that magnification is limited.( I appreciate of course that the tail would not be in focus when it is at that angle)

Tomasz Zawadzki
02-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Thanks to all of you.
I agree that it would have been better if the perch would be further away or I could have stop down to f11 or lower but i got to emotional as this bird is not that common and it's not that easy to take a shot of him.

David Salem
02-25-2017, 08:14 AM
Overall a great looking frame! Well done