PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret... breeding colors

Joseph Przybyla
02-22-2017, 03:31 PM
I captured this image last Thursday at the alligator breeding pond rookery in Gatorland, Orlando, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 330mm (495mm FFE)
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV -1 ISO 200 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

Stuart Edwards
02-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Nice closeup Joe. It looks like you might have some dust on your sensor or junk on the lens ( 2 dark spots under the bill ) but they are super easy to clean up in photoshop. I'm not sure if that is a sharpening halo around the birds head but it really stands out. Also pretty simple to to avoid if you make a selection and apply sharpening only to the bird.

stuart wanuck
02-23-2017, 05:10 PM
yes well done nice bg

Joseph Przybyla
02-24-2017, 07:27 AM
Nice closeup Joe. It looks like you might have some dust on your sensor or junk on the lens ( 2 dark spots under the bill ) but they are super easy to clean up in photoshop. I'm not sure if that is a sharpening halo around the birds head but it really stands out. Also pretty simple to to avoid if you make a selection and apply sharpening only to the bird.

Hi Stuart, your observations and suggestions are spot on. Not sure why I didn't see them, anyways they are fixed in this redo. Thank you for viewing and commenting.