PDA

View Full Version : Theme Common Loon feeding Chick

Michael Thompson
02-21-2017, 09:21 AM
I got lucky this summer while out boating with friends on a lake in central MN when a pair of Loons were so busy feeding their chicks that they didn't care about the boat drifting near them at all, I got 100s of pics, this one is my favorite. Canon 7Dll, with the 100-400ll at 400mm and f/8, 500iso, 1/1000 developed in light room.

Bill Dix
02-22-2017, 08:43 AM
I can certainly see why this is a favorite. Wonderful, intimate capture, with great light on the parent's face. The partial nictitating membrane is unfortunate but no serious detriment to a fine image.

Michael Thompson
02-22-2017, 09:48 AM
I can certainly see why this is a favorite. Wonderful, intimate capture, with great light on the parent's face. The partial nictitating membrane is unfortunate but no serious detriment to a fine image.

LOL, that is not a nictitating membrane, it is a reflection of the trees on the lake shore :t3 thanks for the compliments! :cheers:

Alex Becker
02-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Great image -- I love the detail and how 'gentle' things appear. A shot I would love to have

John Whaley
02-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Wonderful image. I love the calm interaction between the mother and chick. High IQ and sharp focus. The water drops really add to the capture.

David Salem
02-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Very nice image of this intimate feeding interaction. Great details and I really like the water beads on the parent. Well done

Satish Ranadive
03-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Wonderful interaction between chick and mother. Excellent image. Superb lights and great composition. Love it.

Regards,
Satish.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Marina Scarr
03-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Well done on this difficult behavior capture. Love the details of the water droplets and the tiny food particle. It might be an even stronger image with a tad more room on top unless of course there was an obstruction which is why you chose this crop.