PDA

View Full Version : Marabou Stork

Steve Kaluski
02-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Some Mother must love him, but these guys perform a key roll out in the bush and commonly known as 'The Undertakers'.

Steve

Subject: Marabou Stork (Leptoptilos crumenifer) late afternoon light
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 500mm MKII with 2x MKIII HH
Exposure: 1/1000s at f/8 ISO400
Original format: Landscape, very small crop for presentation
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2017

Isaac Grant
02-14-2017, 09:11 PM
What a looker! Love the ugliness of these birds. One of natures best. You have very nice image quality here and great eye contact. Background really sets it off well. The feathers on the shoulder and neck look a tiny bit hot on my screen. Also wish the breast was not all in shadow.

keith mitchell
02-15-2017, 03:27 AM
Not the most beautiful of birds Steve,the IQ as always looks spot on to me.

Keith,

Alex Becker
02-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Certainly a 'prehistoric' looking bird -- excellent detail -- I really like the detail on top of the head in particular. Above where the bill meets the face I'm seeing a tiny little feather that could maybe be cloned out, but thats a tiny nit. TFS

Kalin Botev
02-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Hey Steve, this is one of my favourite birds. A great image of a great subject! The neck and the feathers on its head makes it look like a 100-years-old J
Thanks for sharing!Hey Steve, this is one of my favourite birds. A great image of a great subject! The neck and the feathers on its head makes it look like a 100-years-old J
Thanks for sharing!

Stu Bowie
02-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Hi Steve, excellent IQ, and I like the soft light in this. You have captured and brought out the detail so well, nice and sharp, and your overall exposure is spot on. Killer BG to round it off.

Steve Kaluski
02-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Cheers folks,

Keith, doubt you will get this over here, but did you see that there was a Red-footed booby found on the South shores last year!!!!

Thanks Stu, as you know, you have to be there to experience these guys which I think Kalin has too, great fun.