PDA

View Full Version : Crowned crane

Jeni Williams
06-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Crowned crane portrait - taken at first birding outing.
Canon 40D 135mm f/10 1/800sec exp. comp. -0.33

Alfred Forns
06-17-2008, 08:11 AM
HI Jeni !!!!

I like this one a lot !!! You only need softer light !!! while making the image would look hard at the histogram and make sure you don't go over. Difficult to recoup pixels that are not there !!! Here you might be able to do a layer and multiply applying the effect to the whites only. Might have to try it more than once !!!

Also while making he image do try to raise and lower the camera (you are probably in a confined space) to alter the bg Sometimes just a couple of inches can keep something from merging in the bg !!!

btw on last thing you could try for images with harsh light is using a polarizer Might help tame some of the harshness !!! The basic image is great, love the tight and careful framing and great head angle !!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
06-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Very nice portrait of this beautiful bird. The light looks a bit harsh and the whites are overexposed. It helps to photograph birds with black and white plumage either early or late in the day. You could also sharpen the head some more and maybe give it a tad more room in the frame. Keep them coming!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Jeni, I love the tight crop that you have chosen. Beautiful image - well done!

Lance Peters
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Nice colours - agree with the harsh light and over exposed whites.

:)

Harold Davis
06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
cool bird!!! love it and like the framing. al and axel made great points about the exposure. tough to top them guys!! cant wait to see some more from you!!

Jeni Williams
06-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Thanks so much for comments - I really appreciate them. Now to learn how to apply suggestions.:-) practice ......and more practice!

Gus Cobos
06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I like it Jeni, all constructive points covered; no nits from me...keep them coming...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
beautiful portrait, love the facial expression on this bird.
Congrats,