View Full Version : Razorbill

William Dickson
02-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Canon 1DX
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/6.3
1/800
ISO 1000

The weather over here has been terrible for the past few days, so, I decided to stay in and have a look at some older files. This is one I processed today from my many visits to the Isle of May last year.

Will

Jonathan Ashton
02-13-2017, 04:51 AM
Great focus and DOF details are good too. I like the perch and background also. You have good details in the whites and the blacks also.
Just a consideration but I would consider Selective Colour: Blacks: Black, I get the impression the black plumage is just a little washed out. WDYT??

Mike Poole
02-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Very nice Will - a difficult bird with its colouring. I agree with Jons comments above, but with the shooting angle, head turn and the clear look at the eye its worth another couple of minutes processing time for me, nice work.

Mike

keith mitchell
02-13-2017, 07:55 AM
I always go for the more natural look and this as got it, and I am fine with this as posted.An almost pastel effect which I like a lot.Just my personal view of course Will.

Keith.

sasan nejadi
02-13-2017, 09:25 AM
nice shot and good DOF and detail....TFS

Gerald Kelberg
02-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Nice image of the Razorbill, Will. I like the perch and the background. I'd agree with Jon that the dark feathers should be more towards the dark chocolate that we prefer here in Belgium, rather than the nasty milk chocolate that is preferred in the UK! :t3

Regards, Gerald

Jonathan Ashton
02-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Nice image of the Razorbill, Will. I like the perch and the background. I'd agree with Jon that the dark feathers should be more towards the dark chocolate that we prefer here in Belgium, rather than the nasty milk chocolate that is preferred in the UK! :t3

Regards, Gerald

That is one of the best critiques I have read in a long time Gerald. :5
(I have to say I much prefer Belgian dark chocolate to the milky stuff that floods the shops here!!)

William Dickson
02-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Dark Chocolate :w3

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Will

Geoffrey Montagu
02-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Like this capture very much William. With the above critiques I was curious, so I went back and took a look at some of my captures of Razorbills and found depending on lighting direction, the milk chocolate ish colors do show. Love the eye contact and lovely BG. Nice repost.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

William Dickson
02-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Thanks for that Geoffrey

Will

Tomasz Zawadzki
02-24-2017, 01:13 AM
Fantastic photo. Great background, focus, sharpness and of course the bird. I like the darker version better also.