PDA

View Full Version : Me And My Shadow..,

Joseph Przybyla
02-12-2017, 02:15 PM
I captured this image of a Reddish Egret at Ft. Desoto in Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 250 AWB. camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017, cleaned the sand of a few sticks and stones, patched the upper right hand corner to eliminate out of focus green vegetation
Cropped for composition and presentation

Alex Becker
02-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi Joseph, I really like this shot. The fluffed up feathers, clean background, and 'determined' look of the egret are great, and I like the shadow. I could perhaps see a version with a bit less contrast, but it could just be from the sun angle here. I wish I had gotten more time with these guys when I was in Florida recently, maybe next time. Thanks for sharing this!

Mike Poole
02-13-2017, 05:22 AM
Well seen here Joe, I really like the artistry of this one. Great clean beach, and goes to show you can still get good shots outside of the traditional golden hours.

Mike

Bill Dix
02-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Great fluffed-up look, and nice to see a different comp. I wonder if warming it up just a tad would help.

Tim Foltz
02-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Joe, I really like the comp on this, nice detail and the sand is really nice.
The color seems to be a bit off for me the reddish egrets around my area are more mauve than brown.

-Tim