PDA

View Full Version : Black Cheeked Woodpecker

supreet.sahoo
02-11-2017, 06:50 PM
My trips to the bird paradise continue in 2017 as i explore deeper into the cloud forests of costa rica and ecuador. I recently completed the back-end work for my website which is now live. Im heading back to the rainforests soon and there is a ton of good info about my gear and trips in the website.

In the mean time i hope that you like this image of a BCW from the atlantic lowlands of costa rica. Happy weekend.

7d2, 600mm, 4, 1/800, 1000, +1.3,

Alex Becker
02-11-2017, 11:27 PM
cool shot -- the background is great and I like the head angle here. I feel the bird is a bit too high in the frame so maybe a tighter crop or moving it up a bit more? Thanks for sharing this!

supreet.sahoo
02-12-2017, 12:03 AM
cool shot -- the background is great and I like the head angle here. I feel the bird is a bit too high in the frame so maybe a tighter crop or moving it up a bit more? Thanks for sharing this!

A tighter crop surely would make it better, thanks for the feedback.

Frank Schauf
02-12-2017, 03:34 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and bg colors.

Isaac Grant
02-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Nice image of this woodpecker. Good to get one with such a nice background. You have a good head angle as well. I agree that I would crop it a little tighter. I would crop from the bottom above that little mushroom looking thing that sticks up.

Joseph Przybyla
02-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Hi Supreet, lovely image of a woodpecker I have not seen before. I do not mind the crop as shown, the only thing I would do if mine is eliminate the growth from the side of the stump. It is kind of a beacon the draw ones eyes away from the bird. Thank you for sharing.

Mike Poole
02-13-2017, 05:23 AM
Nice shot Supreet, I agree with cropping up from the bottom to just above that little distraction in the bottom half inch. Everything else is nice.

Mike

Bill Dix
02-13-2017, 09:32 AM
Nice look at this handsome woodpecker, with good HA and interesting background. I agree with Isaac's crop suggestion; and maybe a tad off the left if you wanted to maintain the aspect ratio.