PDA

View Full Version : Another flying Galah

Gerhard Weldhagen
02-07-2017, 06:28 AM
I really enjoy watching our quirky parrots on the wing and sometimes even manage to get a half-decent shot of the little rascals. This image was taken during a morning shoot at a local wetland where there were plenty Galahs (aka Rose-breasted Cockatoo) flying about, but this one was my favourite of the day. The background consists of distant rain clouds building to the western horizon.

Canon 1DxII, EF 600 IS II + 1.4TCIII, f8, 1/1250, ISO 400, handheld. Processed with PS CC, NIK Dfine, cropped for composition.

Comments and critique welcome.

Isaac Grant
02-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Very nice in flight shot. You have a real killer combo with the 1dxii and the 600!. Exposure and details look spot on. Does look like you have some harsh shadows on the belly and underwing. Also I think it would be ideal if the wings were fully extended down and not sort of half way where they are touching the head.

Marina Scarr
02-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Great looking bird and like that cocked head. It's too bad the light was high b/c I feel the dark shadows under the far wing detract somewhat from the image.The near wing looks great.