PDA

View Full Version : Wider Angle Red Fox.

Daniel Cadieux
02-05-2017, 07:06 AM
The foxes in this place, although fully wild and free, are habituated to human presence. This allows for experimentation with a variety of lenses and situations, especially when alone as I was here. I went for wider angle stuff to get a sense of habitat. This vixen surely caught the aroma of the stash of peanuts I had in my pocket for the nearby Gray Jays, and kept coming closer. This made for pretty cool close-up stuff! After this image she came within inches of my lens - that photo to come. Check out the large round eyes - another reason to love cloudy days :-)

Canon 7DII + Tamron 28-75mm @28mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/8, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF.

Steve Kaluski
02-05-2017, 10:05 AM
What's not to like here Dan, great choice in kit & POV.
BTW you weren't with a guy called 'Peter' by chance, long shot I know. :S3:

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
02-05-2017, 10:22 AM
A stunning low angle, wide angle perspective here Dan! The receding line of trees works very well, as does overall exposure and the composition/placement of the fox.

Rachel Hollander
02-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Hi Daniel - Great experimentation and an inquisitive look from the fox. The bit of snow on the nose adds a nice element. Well done on the exposure. The wide angle and low pov really combine for a special image. Looking forward to the extreme close-up.

TFS,
Rachel

Mary Joh
02-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Wow!! Sharp eyes. Good shot!!

keith mitchell
02-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Excellent in your face image ,love the way you have done this one Dan.

Keith.

Basil Dardagan
02-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Just a beautiful stunning image !! However as you have said those eyes take it to an even higher level. The exp in this image is sublime imho

Mike Poole
02-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Coming from an underwater background, I absolutely love 'close focus wide angle' shots - pretty much a stock trade in the IW community. This is a great example as the eyes really stare into the frame, and your low shooting angle has worked perfectly with the height of the trees. Great details in the snow and the fur, top notch work.

Mike

haseeb badar
02-09-2017, 12:23 AM
Stunning image Daniel, can't wait to see the image that you are talking about . Superb stuff . TFS !

Andrew McLachlan
02-14-2017, 11:14 AM
Hi Dan, great capture and the freshly fallen snow really adds to the scene. I think these foxes are best viewed on overcast days...during my visit the skies were clear and sunny which means the foxes eyes are kept quite closed due to the brightness.