PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough RIver Pano

Jason Hahn
01-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Pano of the Hillsborough River, not far from the only class 2 whitewater rapids in the state.

1d MkII, 24-70@ 63mm 4 sec, f/20, 5 vertical shots stitched manual in PS, one of the first panos I ever did

Jason

Jim Caldwell
01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Excellent stitching, Jason - did you take the individual images in vertical mode? I recently spoke to a photographer on the other coast who shoots a lot with an 8 x 10 camera and is now stitching landscapes taken with a 1Ds. You can really preserve a lot of detail if done correctly.

Robert Amoruso
01-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Wonderful looking image Jason. No nits here.

I wanted to add why this works. Strong FG element on the left, river as a leading line and you created it when it was overcast thereby lowering contrast. Awesome DOF and details.

David Kennedy
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Very three-dimensional feel to it--great atmosphere!

I would mention that the upper RH edge could be trimmed a bit--there's the start of another tree entering the frame.

Judd Patterson
01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
A really great view Jason! I love the foreground cypress knees along with the colors and flowing water. Very well done.

Maxis Gamez
01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
This is lovely Jason. How did you get here? Do you have GPS coordinates?

Josh O'Donnell
01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Jason, this is a great image... I have tried to make similar images at HRSP and failed quite miserably. The vivid colors take this over the top for me...

Maxis, I believe this image was made at Hillsborough River State Park, which is located just outside the NE part of Tampa on US Highway 301.

Jason Hahn
01-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Yes, this was taken at Hillsborough River State Park., north of the first rapids overlook. From the overlook just follow the trail north, loads of scenery along the river. To get to this spot just go north past the coral snake, stop before you get to the cottonmouth (it is a little "snakey" along the river, just watch where you put your hands and feet when you get off the beaten trail along the river :eek::D)

Jason

Arthur Morris
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Very three-dimensional feel to it--great atmosphere!

I would mention that the upper RH edge could be trimmed a bit--there's the start of another tree entering the frame.

But then he would lose that beautiful fern in the lrc... I love the greens and the COMP. You would have enjoyed meeting John Moran--he does lots of similar stuff and well.

later and love, artie

Rich Ikerd
01-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Has a very prehistoric look to it Jason. Very nicely taken and assembled. Guess its time to head back over to Tampa to check this place out again.

Doug Campbell
01-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Beautiful!!!