PDA

View Full Version : Curious Corella

Gerhard Weldhagen
02-05-2017, 05:33 AM
Apart from being nifty flyers, Australian parrots can also be very inquisitive. During an evening flight to their favourite roost this Corella came in for a closer look and had his picture taken on the wing.

Canon 1DxII, EF600 IS II + 1.4TCIII, f5.6, ISO 500, 1/2500, handheld. Processed with PS CC, NIK Dfine, cropped for composition.

Comments and critique welcome.

Daniel Cadieux
02-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Despite it being higher up than I prefer I think it works due to the glance it is giving you. Nice and sharp. I could see a version with it a bit bigger in the frame. Did you works under the wings and tail's shadow or is that yellow glow naturally there?

Gerhard Weldhagen
02-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback Daniel, it`s much appreciated. I worked a bit on the shadows under the wings, these birds have a slight yellow undertone which may be exacerbated by the late evening light.

Despite it being higher up than I prefer I think it works due to the glance it is giving you. Nice and sharp. I could see a version with it a bit bigger in the frame. Did you works under the wings and tail's shadow or is that yellow glow naturally there?