PDA

View Full Version : English House Sparrow (female)

Sharna Lee
06-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi again everyone! I've been stalking this female for days. She's a shy one and doesn't like me sitting on my porch with my big lens on my camera. Every morning I have birds galore in my yard. The mornings I've been out with my camera and lens I get no birds. This morning as I was washing up the breakfast dishes I saw a few birds landing in the yard. I went to get my camera sat out on the porch for an hour and a half before they came back LOL. :o

Anyway I got a few photos of her before she flew away. Here is my favorite.

Canon 40D 100-400L IS Manual mode.

1/1250s f/6.3 @ 400mm

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/ittyboo9358/BirdPhotographersNet_0169copy.jpg

Gus Cobos
06-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I like the placement of the bird in the frame, and the use of the diamond shaped fence to balance your subject...excellent...I like it. the details are good, with a good head angle...:D:cool:

Desmond Chan
06-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi Sharna, don't you find it funny that most of the birds are shy? :)

I agree with Gus re the composition. I would "burn" the right side of the bird a bit though.

Alfred Forns
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Sharna Glad you were able to make an image of the fine girl Do like the placement in fence very much !!!

For your next encounter might underexposed by 1/3 and not sure if you could do anything about the sun angle? The bird is lit more from the left ... in this cases flash fill would be in order but will not be appreciated by your crew !!

btw are you placing feed for these guys? Can make friends in no time !!!! :)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi Sharna, Love the position of the bird in the frame and the fence makes a good backdrop. Agree that it looks a little overexposed.

Sharna Lee
06-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments. I noticed that it was a bit hot, but I too liked the placement of the bird and the fence as a makeshift frame for her. I'm not very well versed in photoshop yet. I'm learning that too. I have a few books.

Thanks again.

Sharna

Oscar Zangroniz
06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Great composition, specially the effect given by the fence.
Congrats,