PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox at Rest

Daniel Cadieux
01-30-2017, 07:19 PM
From Algonquin Park. I've had this image in my mind for a long time, and it finally came to fruition last week. I love it when foxes curl up, tail over nose, to take a nap. When this vixen laid down like so on the snow I knew my vision was within grasp and went for it!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/100s., f/11, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld (sitting, lens braced on raised knees), FF, minor eye work to lessen the reflections.

Andrew McLachlan
01-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Killer image Dan...I tried to go up there last week, but the road was closed off :(

kevin Hice
01-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Yes Dan fantastic image. Gives me something to
strive for. Lov it nice and tight.

Rachel Hollander
01-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi Dan - Congrats on achieving your vision! This works really well. Lots to look at and pull you into the eye. Colors look great. I can also see an alternate crop eliminating the softer area of the ear in the middle top. Really well conceived and captured.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
01-31-2017, 07:59 AM
Good thinking Dan and well executed ,beautiful eye and texture of the fur is lovely,I looked at Rachel's crop suggestion which also looks very good,excellent job.

Keith.

Mike Hitchen
01-31-2017, 08:50 AM
A very nicely executed vision, Danial.

haseeb badar
01-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Hi Daniel -- Big fan of your photography, I keep telling my friends abt your images and how less often you post but whenever you post it turns out to be a stunning image . Just loved it ! something i would also try and achieve , thanks for the inspiration .

Steve Kaluski
01-31-2017, 11:27 AM
Hi Dan, this is the kind of image I would expect to see at the BBC awards, not only is it an outstanding image, but the techs too, I think a lot of people could/would learn a lot from you techniques. The snow flakes are the icing!!!

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
01-31-2017, 01:49 PM
Hi Daniel great to see that you made your vision come true !!!!!
Lovely image , well captured and working very very well as presented . Stunning work !!!
The techs look fancy ... wondering that Steve is not pointing that out :w3.You got away quite well with the sharpness at web size , would be interesting how good it would be when printed .
Just wondering about the very abrupt fall off in sharpness/details in parts of the image , any NR used to the OOF areas ? If so , i would temper the NR back to retain some little grain .

Brilliant image , enjoyed watching .

TFS Andreas

Ryan von Linden
02-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Wow! What a fantastic image! One suggestion, I think there's an amazing square crop available here also if you crop off the right side so that the right edge runs up basically right between her eyes, placing the visible eye about a third of the way up the frame in the right corner.