PDA

View Full Version : Indian Gaur

Andreas Liedmann
01-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Hi folks ,
just a simple portrait of this very interesting "Cow" ....:bg3:
I do find this species very pretty in shape and color , bulls become massive .
Image taken in Bandhavgarh NP ( India) .... i got lucky to find one on the last safari .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200-400 IS L at 400 mm
HH

F 4,5 ; Iso 10000 ; 1/1000 sec

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp and little gardening in the BG

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Andrew McLachlan
01-30-2017, 07:53 PM
A very interesting looking cow Andreas...looks like they have a very high forehead with a cool hairdo too :) I might be tempeted to clone out the tiny bit of dried grass on the cows cheek if it were mine. Very nice capture!

Rachel Hollander
01-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Hi Andreas - She seems to be giving you a bit of a once over. Nice pose and eye contact with good detail. I like the symmetry of the horns and ears from the centered pose. You handled the oof grass at the bottom of the frame well. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
01-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Hi Andreas -- These are amazing creatures and the largest wild cattles in the world. You have very nicely exposed the subject as more often then not people just find it difficult to get that correct exposure on them . The high iso has not affected the finer details that much . Very nicely done .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
01-31-2017, 11:23 AM
Hi Andreas, I think the DoF is just to shallow and the crop isn't grabbing me. I would have liked the 500 with the 1.4, and gone tighter in and portrait.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
02-10-2017, 03:32 AM
Andreas, always nice to see these with their funky Beatles-hairdo.
I like the shallow DOF here, can see it working with a slightly closer crop (as per Steve).

Rahul Sachdev
02-10-2017, 05:18 AM
Nice details on the face. +1 for a tighter crop here. Always interesting creatures these guys..love their white socks as well :)