PDA

View Full Version : Martial Eagle

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Another frame from the encounter I had with this 'bathing' Martial eagle.

Out of all the frames, this is my personal favourite, not only is it face on, but he's moving forward and you can see (albeit partial), the massive talons they have, as it breaks the water.

Thanks to those who posted on viewed the previous frame

Steve

Subject: Martial eagle (Polemaetus bellicosus) walking through the pan
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 500f/4 MKII with 2x MKIII HH
Exposure: 1/3200s at f/11 ISO2500
Original format: Portrait, slightl crop for presentation
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2017

Joseph Przybyla
01-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Looks menacing, what a stare. I like the water splashing from the walk towards you. Beautiful markings on the bird, usual spot on techs. Thank you for sharing, Steve.

Alex Becker
01-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Hi Steve, agree with Joseph -- what a stare and huge talons on this guy. I like the raised foot but in particular I really like how the background transitions colors from blue to green to beige. Thanks for sharing

keith mitchell
01-28-2017, 03:57 AM
Hi Steve.Magnificent bird which you have captured to your usual very high standard,not often that you see a shot of this bird in water so very well done getting this.

Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
01-28-2017, 10:01 AM
Pretty darned good Steve, I like the colours and the action/pose, no colour cast visible - all looks very natural to me well done. Seeing those talons makes for an impressive image.

William Dickson
01-28-2017, 10:06 AM
Lovely frame Steve and I do like the crop. Nice colours throughout, which makes for a natural looking image. Great feather detail and eye contact.

Will

Steve Kaluski
01-29-2017, 03:18 AM
Thanks guys, a sighting like this is rare at the best of times, especially in water. He certainly kept his distance hence the 2x, but sufficient to get some decent frames, albeit late in the day when light was bright, but not harsh.

cheers
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-31-2017, 11:58 AM
WOW this is amazing Steve, I think this is the finest raptors, the sheer size, the talons, the stare makes this one amazing creature. And to get this in water, with head on pose, talons showing is too good! Spot on colours and techs. TFS Steve.

Steve Kaluski
01-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Thanks Sanjeev. :wave: