PDA

View Full Version : Upside down

Andreas Liedmann
01-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Hello folks ,
a quick break from the massive bulls of the Grey Seals , more to come over the next days , and show the opposite..... the tiny cute vulnerable Pup.
I watched this little guy for a while ...his constant movement made me stay with him for a longer time , still checking out the other Seals for shooting opportunities .
I did not want to go closer in this case , as the mum was kind of nervous , also due to some bulls around her and the youngsters . For sure not to forget us humans who also waked along the beach .
So i sat myself down in the sand and waited .... i put the 2x ext on to keep a bit more space for mum and pup.

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 500 IS L II + 2x TC
HH

F 9 ; Iso 12800; 1/2000 sec

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2017; cropped for comp slightly from all sides .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-20-2017, 07:57 AM
Hi Andreas - A very cute subject and the upside down pose adds to the cuteness factor. Nice job on the exposure with good detail. I would add back a sliver of space on left and right, just feels a little too tight to me. The eye area on the left as viewed (which I guess actually is the left eye) looks a little soft compared to the right.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
01-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Hi Andreas -- I was expecting those fighting images and turned out to be a big deviation of sorts , a cute little character rolling around . Very nice details , quite tight on the LH and RHS , but not a deal breaker for me. ALso nice soft muted colours, almost looks like a BW image .

What is that fibre like thing in the FG ?

TFS !

gail bisson
01-20-2017, 06:20 PM
The thumbnail does not do this justice.
I like the upside down pose and the grains of sands on the fur.
Exposure spot on.
I feel the image is cropped too tightly and would add some room all around,
Gail

Jonathan Ashton
01-21-2017, 11:36 AM
I like it just as it is. Details colours and exposure look great. It's my guess you kept it tight to concentrate attention on the eyes nose and cute whiskers.

Steve Kaluski
01-22-2017, 05:30 AM
Hi Andreas, I would like to see a bit more tonal depth in both the FH and in the brighter HL's on the LHS of the pup, creating more depth and layering of the image. Like the low POV, but I feel you could have a bit more to the LHS.

TFS
Steve

keith mitchell
01-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Andreas I like this laid-back pose on this,bit of sand on it's belly helps to define it,cute very likable image.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
01-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Thanks to all of you folks who commented and gave suggestions on different things , much appreciated .
To the ones of you who think it is too tight , well i partly agree , or better said i am 50/50 on that thought of cropping wider . I have the wider original but opted for tighter view .... till now i am not 100 % with that tightness. . During making the decision of how to crop i went back and forth ...:w3.... but you see how my decision was .
Steve thanks ... i am ok with the tones as presented .
Cheers Andreas