PDA

View Full Version : Ring-necked Duck (hen)

Joseph Przybyla
01-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Yesterday I posted a drake Ring-necked Duck, today's post is the hen/female. Image captured at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 1250 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017, cleaned up the eye in Photoshop, dodged the eye in Lightroom, noise reduction to soften the background
Cropped for composition and presentation

Isaac Grant
01-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Another nice shot of Ring-necked Duck. I always think the females of this species and of Redhead are really underrated and not appreciated enough for their subtle beauty. Good eye contact and love the soft blue tones in the water. I guess the only thing that would make this better would be a lower perspective but I know that in many places that is not possible.

Joseph Przybyla
01-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi Isaac, thank you for viewing and commenting. I admire and appreciate your's, Daniel's and others low point of view images, that's not for me anymore. At 74 and overweight getting up is not pretty. These images of the Ring-necked Duck drake and hen were captured while sitting on a bench at the edge of the water. Thanks again for viewing and commenting, I find your critique spot on and a big help to improve.

Isaac Grant
01-19-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm 44 and that bench is sounding pretty good most of the time :bg3:. I admire you being out as much as you are at your age and hope I can do the same when I get there. Keep on shooting as it is always a pleasure to view your images.

David Salem
01-20-2017, 01:20 AM
Nice clean frame of this pretty little hen. Well done

Joseph Przybyla
01-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.