PDA

View Full Version : Elegant Lady !

haseeb badar
01-19-2017, 12:35 AM
Hello everyone !

Thank you for your comments on my previous post.

This is the first proper Tiger image from my new 1DX MK2 . I have been following this tigress when she was a sub-adult , but now grown up into a beautiful Tigress who is also having lovely little cubs ( which i am yet to photograph ). Spent last two months to photograph this family but they remain elusive to me ever since. I guess the luck factor with the new camera is not working so far :w3 . Would someone like to join for a trip to tadoba (kolsa range), your luck factor might work there :bg3:.

This is a FF image ) I would loved some more space at the bottom,but as presented works for me , hence no canvas added),taken early morning when she was out looking for her cubs .

Canon 1DX MK 2, Canon 500mm f4 IS II , Bean bag.

DPP4,CS6, curves,selective colour,saturation,levels , NR on the BG , sharpening .

1/1600 sec; f/5.6; ISO 4000 .

Steve Kaluski
01-19-2017, 07:16 AM
Hi Haseeb, great to know you have finally been able to get out with your new toy, trust you are getting to grips with it ALL, a bit of a difference to the previous bodies, but a great bit of kit that will bolster your photography. Just remember YOU have to drive IT, but the rewards will be awesome, I envy you with this subject too!!!

Looking good, nice and clean, sadly nothing you can do with the busy BKG, but hey, it's a real Tiger. Personal choice, but just addressing some of the colours brings a little more 'richness' to the image and like Stu's hare, the FG too. Again, your call if you want more neutral in the BKG rather than a slight 'blue' tinge, likewise any 'gardening' close to the subject? I wonder if say 16x9 rather than a 10 so you lose some off the top may help, WDYT?

Techs look good, just be mindful of Contrast.
A cool image to kick off with using the MK2, nice one. :cheers:

Would someone like to join for a trip to tadoba (kolsa range), your luck factor might work there

Would love too, just have more pressing stuff to attend to this year - boring...

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
01-19-2017, 04:13 PM
A stunning image with soft light, an alert pose and very pleasing colours. I envy you this one!
I like what Steve did, and might also consider shaving some space off the LHS?

haseeb badar
01-20-2017, 04:35 AM
Thank you Steve and Morkel !

@ Steve : Your Rp has added the richness to the image and certainly the grass in the FG is looking better. The new body is superb but I will have to learn and practice to get better grip on it .
"Would love too, just have more pressing stuff to attend to this year - boring..."

We can work on it sometime in the future .

@ Morkel : will look into your crop suggestion and see how it looks , much appreciated .

Steve Kaluski
01-20-2017, 04:51 AM
95% was just all done in the 'Colour management', how accurate that is again personal taste, but hopefully it provides a direction.

Yes, a big jump from the previous bodies and it will take time and errors will creep in, but that is all part of the learning curve, but I still feel this is the best Wildlife/Avian body on the market at present, but the more you use it and get to understand things the better. Some of the original features on the MK1 have been enhanced and work better, but the biggest two things you will see is the Dynamic range and ISO, AF is a given.

Don't let 'missed opportunities' slip through your fingers, use SS high (but sensible) and let the ISO allow you to nail the image, but as I say, just be mindful, no need to go overboard.

We can work on it sometime in the future .

For sure, although Ranthambore would also be included with no exception, but perhaps our paths will cross sooner, who knows. :w3

haseeb badar
01-20-2017, 06:52 AM
95% was just all done in the 'Colour management', how accurate that is again personal taste, but hopefully it provides a direction.

Yes, a big jump from the previous bodies and it will take time and errors will creep in, but that is all part of the learning curve, but I still feel this is the best Wildlife/Avian body on the market at present, but the more you use it and get to understand things the better. Some of the original features on the MK1 have been enhanced and work better, but the biggest two things you will see is the Dynamic range and ISO, AF is a given.

Don't let 'missed opportunities' slip through your fingers, use SS high (but sensible) and let the ISO allow you to nail the image, but as I say, just be mindful, no need to go overboard.

I completely agree on that , Learning had never been that fun previously ! Wish my schooling days had teachers like here on BPN :w3 or rather the subject .

Rachel Hollander
01-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Hi Haseeb - Congrats on the new toy! An excellent first outing with it. She looks very regal and she gave you a nice pose. Steve's rp has taken it where it needed to go as far as colors. I hope you find the cubs.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
01-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Thank you Rachel !

Andreas Liedmann
01-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Hi Haseeb certainly a very nice Tigress ....
She gave you a very good pose and i think you did well with the crop .
You have nice overall tone and color in your OP and the MK II does deliver some very nice IQ :w3, resulting in very fine details in the fur :5.
I do also like Steve ´s RP in terms of brightness ( subtle ) but think from my POV parts are a bit too saturated . So i might go for a combo between your OP and Steve´s RP .
If i have a wish ... i would wish for a tiny bit more room at the foot of the image , but this is a very minor thing .

Always great to see a healthy looking Tigress with baby´s ....

Very nice one and a pleasure to look at

TFS Andreas

gail bisson
01-20-2017, 06:25 PM
She certainly looks very regal!
I like your comp as is (if you take a bit off the LHS I feel the tree will become too prominent) and agree that Steve's repost has added a nice touch of "richness" to the image.
I would love to see a bit more room at the bottom of the frame,
Gail

haseeb badar
01-21-2017, 05:37 AM
Thank you Gail and Andreas , much appreciated !

Jonathan Ashton
01-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Haseeb love the shot, my first reaction was it needs a little pop. I like the tiger in Steve's repost but for me the grasses are just a little too green and dominant.

keith mitchell
01-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Haseeb i love the almost muted colour created by the nice soft light you have on this image,must be great to get so close to this magnificent animal.

Keith.

Andrew McLachlan
01-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Haseeb...great capture of this tiger...such a great alert pose...Steve's repost takes it up a notch.