PDA

View Full Version : Lake Jennings San Diego Red Tailed Hawk

Roger Smith
01-17-2017, 02:33 PM
A very patient bird that seemed eager to pose adjacent to a fairly busy park road.

Roger Smith
01-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Sorry, no idea why two images posted, appreciate help in deleting the smaller image, thanks

Daniel Cadieux
01-17-2017, 06:32 PM
A very elegant and proud-looking hawk! I like the perch, and the hint of cloud in the BG. The steep-ish angle did not help. Sometimes, in cases like this if not too high, I like to wait until the subject cocks (tilts) it's head down - it often helps reduce the feel of it being so high. Did you take any verticals? I feel that would have been better for the composition due to the size in the frame and vertically elongated pose. Well exposed, sharp, and well processed.

Roger Smith
01-18-2017, 12:23 PM
A very elegant and proud-looking hawk! I like the perch, and the hint of cloud in the BG. The steep-ish angle did not help. Sometimes, in cases like this if not too high, I like to wait until the subject cocks (tilts) it's head down - it often helps reduce the feel of it being so high. Did you take any verticals? I feel that would have been better for the composition due to the size in the frame and vertically elongated pose. Well exposed, sharp, and well processed. Many thanks Daniel! Thanks for the tip on the vertical shot, agree I could have gone for that framing. My time was somewhat limited by location: my car was blocking the access road! :-)