PDA

View Full Version : Posting Lag

Paul Davey
01-08-2008, 04:44 PM
A couple of days ago (no, not when BPN was down) I posted a couple of replies in the thread "Welcome to BPN, Posting Suggestions" (in News, Info and Updates). My first post did appear on the thread as soon as I had published, and I decided to post another reply in reference to a user having difficulties with opening other people's profiles. Then I was told that my post had to be checked by a moderator before it could pass through, or something like that.

Despite refreshing the page, none showed up. Just then I sent another post to the thread and despite a handful of forced refreshes it fails to appear.

So...is this true? The moderator has established some kind of customs filter on that forum/thread? Or am I still experiencing some aftershocks of BPN's "upgrades"?

Paul

Chris Ober
01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
How soon after the initial post did you reply? The forum has a brief time restriction when people can submit multiple posts/replies. I think it's like 15-20 seconds. This is to try to help prevent spam bots from posting junk in the forums.

Paul Davey
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
The time was more than 20 seconds. Regardless, if it were lower the moderator should have passed these posts by now anyway. Clearly not, and a waste of my time writing them.