PDA

View Full Version : Anhinga male (breeding plumage and colors)

Joseph Przybyla
01-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Almost time for birds to be breeding at the rookery in Gatorland, Orlando, Florida. I have been reviewing my images to see what works best and sort of planning what I would like to do this year. This one was taken there from the second story of an observation tower where the Anhinga's and Cormorants like to nest. This male Anhinga is all made up and colored for the ladies but having a bad hair day. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 330mm (495mm FFE)
1/250 F/8 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 3600 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017, noise reduction to the background and bird at different times and methods in Lightroom, also cleaned up the eye in Photoshop and dodged it in Lightroom to open the shadows and show color
Cropped for composition and presentation

stuart wanuck
01-15-2017, 05:21 PM
as usual pleasing portrait

Mike Poole
01-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Nice portrait Joe, interesting pose and some lovely colours.

on a side note I'm in Orlando first week in April, and thinking about a morning at Gatorland - is this a time you'd recommend?

Mike

Joseph Przybyla
01-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Nice portrait Joe, interesting pose and some lovely colours.

on a side note I'm in Orlando first week in April, and thinking about a morning at Gatorland - is this a time you'd recommend?

Mike

Hi Mike, thank you for viewing and commenting. April is a wonderful time at the rookery in Gatorland. This image was taken on April 18, 2015. If you have never been there or have questions send me a message.

Satish Ranadive
01-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Very pleasant image with beautiful colors and superb details.

Regards,
Satish.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk