PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Something completely different for me

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
01-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Greetings. The something new was an idea of combining two very different images and I somewhat randomly came up with this. The original photos are of the I'iwi, an endangered Maui native bird, and of my daughter performing in a contemporary ballet piece (uh, not sure if I'm going to show this to her or not ;-).

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Mitch Carucci
01-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Behind the image is a serious theme, but I can't help smile at the humor. Of course it fits the birdphotographers.net website perfectly.
I think your daughter will really like it (well maybe...)

Cheryl Slechta
01-15-2017, 02:13 PM
I love it! Not only the head with the curving beak but the touch of color that it adds. Your daughter looks like a very accomplished ballerina - I'm sure she'll love it too.:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
01-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Mitch, Cheryl,

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. My daughter danced her last (well, most likely her last) Nutcracker (9th year) as she is off to college next year, so I'll only have a couple more performances with her to shoot. One of my favorites of her...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Hazel Grant
01-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Well, I lost the post.....was saying her form is beautiful. The lines anchor it and also show lift. She'll love either one. BTW, what settings did you use for capturing this?

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
01-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Thanks, Hazel. Nikon D810 70-200 f/2.8 at 190mm 1/2000 at f/4.0 ISO6400 Taken from the back of the small auditorium, hand held. Normal processing for me - Compostion cropping, NR Topaz Denoise, detailing and toning with SEP, color adjustments with Topaz Adjust.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Kerry Perkins
01-31-2017, 01:55 PM
Very nice Michael. It is reminding me of a painter, maybe Hieronymus Bosch or perhaps something Egyptian! As a side note, we have both been here for a long time because I still thought your daughter was a little girl! She's awesome.