PDA

View Full Version : Yummy Eichhornia II

Andreas Liedmann
01-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Hi all have posted another frame of this lady before .
Indian elephant in Kaziranga NP , Assam, India .
Lighting situation was very similar to Rachelīs recent Wildebeest posting , brutally bright light but pale and it was shot with back / side light . So conditions in its prime .....:t3:bg3:.
I tried to get the most out it .
This female was feeding on Eichhornia , the swimming plant you can see in the image . She entered the pond with her calf , but the calf left shortly after some testing of the plants .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
HH sitting on the ground , with the safari jeep in my back .

F 8 ; Iso 2000; 1/1600 sec

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp from all sides

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Hi Andreas - Yes, I recognize those lighting conditions :S3:. You handled it well and brought out nice detail and textures. I like the straight on pov. The splash and twisted trunk add to the image for me. If it were mine, I would tame the specular highlights at the top of the frame above the elephant.

TFS,
Rachel

D. Robert Franz
01-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Very good image and you handled the lighting perfectly. Love the actions also. Good choice of portrait format.

haseeb badar
01-13-2017, 08:02 AM
Hi Andreas -- Nice moment and lighting has been handled very nicely and well processed too . Liked the front on view and the splashing water. A bit distracting BKG for my liking .

TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
01-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Hello Andreas,

Very challenging conditions, my friend. Especially with the safari jeep in your back, LOL. But I think you've done justice to this elephant:w3. Great techs there and some skilful PP work too.

Love that trunk swinging and the water droplets, the vegetation might look a bit bright but I think you already toned down enough those speculars, I am ok with this as presented.

Cute are those elephants in India, they look less threatening than our big boys and girls in Africa, I would love to see them one day. I think you got one helluva nice behavioural frame here and I appreciate the content as well as your processing skills, nice work Boetie!

Kind regards,

Basil Dardagan
01-14-2017, 04:10 AM
A VERY interesting image that had me 'looking and enjoying' for ages ! Just shows what can be done in difficult conditions

Steve Kaluski
01-14-2017, 09:44 AM
With hindsight Andreas, a lot more DoF for the trunk and or, a faster SS to freeze even more.

I would selectively darken the lighter FG at the foot of the trim.

TFS
Steve