PDA

View Full Version : Surise in the Namib Dessert

Loukie Viljoen
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Early mornings in the Namib can be breath taking, until the sun scorches you at mi day 50 deg C, Canon D1 MKII, 100 - 400 mm lens.400mm
1/60 sec, f/16
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
ISO: 125
Flash: Off
File size: 56KB
Image size: 800 x 513
Color space: sRGB

Valerio Tarone
06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi Loukie compliments, a nice composition, colours.I like degrading lights-shadows.

Roman Kurywczak
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Loukie,
I do like the different layers and tones of this image. The image looks like it needs about 5 degrees of CCW rotation as the horizons don't look straight. If you do the rotation this will also help to minimize the sky a bit........which I was going to recommend. Let see if others think it's leaning to the right.

Vincent Grafhorst
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Loukie, I agree the namib is breath taking! I haven't been there for years though, but plan to go there next year. I like the overall scene, but it clearly needs some rotation as Roman suggested. Also it does not look very sharp to me, looking at the tiny trees, maybe slight motion blur? You could have opened up to gain SS, no f/16 mneeded for this scene.

Robert Amoruso
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Agree that it does look to be sloping and a bit soft.

I like your sense of layering in your images Loukie. Your continue to demonstrate a good use of leading lines, using the atmosphere to impart depth and a good sense of graphic design. Looking forward to more.

Arthur Morris
06-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Love the layering and the color of the light. Yes to a big rotation. I have been looking at several of your iamges here Loukie and pretty much all of them look as if they are at least a bit soft. Are you sharpening your jpegs???