PDA

View Full Version : Surveying a take-off....

annmpacheco
01-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Taken at Bosque as the sun was rising at one of the crane pools. I focused on the juvenile and was happy to get good "eyes" from the others as they began leaning forward to test their navigational options. I removed a partial crane on the upper left and did a bit of cleaning up under a leg or two...

1Dx
600mmII
iso 1600
f4
1/320

Colin Driscoll
01-07-2017, 05:55 PM
I love the pastel shades and feather detail in the foreground birds. Maybe a bit tight in the frame and does need some CW rotation.

William Dickson
01-07-2017, 06:43 PM
I love the colours throughout the image, and the glaring pose on the two cranes. Lovely detail Ann with a very nice BG. I wished that OOF Crane wasn't there. It does drag my attention from the main subjects.

Will

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2017, 08:02 PM
The front trio are awesome, and I love the behaviour they are doing. Great colours. Yes to the image being a bit tight and for the need of CW rotation. Otherwise good stuff, I'm liking the early morning mood you got here.

Isaac Grant
01-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Beautiful light and the front 3 cranes are excellent. I tried a version where I cloned out the back bird and leveled the shot. Also added some canvas to make the birds less cramped. Of course all of this is much easier with the original and it was only a quick edit. Thoughts?

Stu Bowie
01-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Hi Ann, lovely early morning soft light and colours, and well timed to capture the trio 'surveying'. Their eyes pop nicely, and I like the raised leg of the rear Crane. Before reading Dan's comment, I also felt the image needed some CW rotation. Isaac's repost works well, ( great removal work Isaac ) and with his, I would maybe take a bit off the top.

dankearl
01-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Repost corrects the rotation. I would still take a bit off the top.
Very nice PP otherwise, very nice colors and it has a nice painterly feel.

annmpacheco
01-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the redo Issac, it does look better! I too wish the oof crane wasn't there, but it was... I like the rotation. Thanks everyone.

Marina Scarr
01-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Love the colors, behavior and details. Rotation corrected but agree on a tad more off of the top.