PDA

View Full Version : Osprey in flight

Alex Becker
01-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

Still working through my images from Florida (I'll post some NJ ones soon!). I had a lot of fun waching Ospreys dive, fish, and fly around and was able to get a number of frames of them. This is part of a handheld 10 burst sequence with the last couple flying right at me, and I liked the wing position here. This was taken about an hour before sunset.

Camera: Nikon D500
Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 500mm
Specs: 1/2500 ISO 720 f/5.6

Thank you for looking,
Alex

arash_hazeghi
01-06-2017, 02:23 AM
very nice, love the symmetrical wing position and the trailing water drops. I can see this in a vertical crop as well

Alex Becker
01-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Thank you very much Arash! I'll try the vertical crop

David Salem
01-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Very nice head on pose and I like the hanging feet and the water drops. Details and exposure look good too. This one screams for a vertical comp. I would also lift the shadows on the left wing, the center of the back and the left eye. Hope this helps.

Alex Becker
01-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Very nice head on pose and I like the hanging feet and the water drops. Details and exposure look good too. This one screams for a vertical comp. I would also lift the shadows on the left wing, the center of the back and the left eye. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much David! Lifting the shadows improves the image I think. I don't have any more room on top so I'll try to pull some more canvas from another frame and then try the vertical crop. Thanks for commenting!