PDA

View Full Version : Anole

Marlo Casabar
01-03-2017, 10:04 AM
I took this photo last April. I thought I would post it here to get some comments. This little guy likes to hang out in this bird feeder in our front yard. I guess he got tired of me taking photos, because after a few minutes he gave me this threatening look and display. After this shot, I left him alone.

Canon 7D Mk II EF100mm f/2.8 USM with 1.4x III
f/4.0 1/640 ISO 320 Aperture Priority -1EV
Edited in LR

Thanks for any and all comments,
Marlo

Steve Maxson
01-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Hi Marlo, and welcome to the Macro forum! A colorful anole giving you a great display pose! Very nice light, comp, and background. Good sharpness within your DOF - though I would prefer a little more depth. With some adjustments to your ISO and shutter speed, you could have gotten to f/8 and IMO, the image would be improved. Just something to keep in mind the next time this little guy shows up. :S3: Looking forward to seeing more of your work here in Macro!

Marlo Casabar
01-09-2017, 04:53 AM
Thank you for your comments. I agree about the DOF. It was the first time I had tried using my 100mm with a 1.4 teleconverter. I was going to try some shots stopped down, but when he started his threatening display, I wanted to back off as to not disturb him too much. I came back other days and he was there, but I never got a shot that had him displaying like this.

Marlo

Jonathan Ashton
01-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Marlo - welcome and my suggestion is similar to Steve's - a little more DOF otherwise excellent!!

Allen Sparks
01-18-2017, 03:41 AM
Hi Marlo,
Nice capture of the dewlap being extended - you clicked at just the right moment. Agree with comments above about DOF. Still a very fine image.
Allen