PDA

View Full Version : Mating session ... at least a try

Andreas Liedmann
12-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Hello to all the BPN folks .... and good bye :bg3:
See you all in 2017 .... hopefully :w3
I have not been that busy here as in previous years ..... due to various reasons , but i try my best to participate more than this year .
So i will leave you guys with this mating couple of Grey Seals .... just taken recently under very nice skies :e3.....:bg3:.But i had a lot of nice encounters with the seals on that trip.

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200-400 IS L with TC engaged ( 560 mm )
Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 12800; 1/1600 sec ; man exp.

Processed with C1 Pro 10 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp from all sides slightly ; the slope is natural .....:w3 .... so no need for leveling the female, from my POV .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers and i wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR

Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-31-2016, 04:46 AM
Hi Andreas, like it as presented, as you say, no need to level anything. Perhaps not as exciting or as cute as previous postings, but this is totally different.

Not sure if it requires a tad more USM or you needed a hint more SS???

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
12-31-2016, 05:39 AM
Hi Andreas -- These Seal images from your recent trip have been a real treat to watch and this one is another very good image. Yes, initially the slope bothered me but after another look or so it doesn't count. I like the moment and can see the pressed belly of the female because of the weight of the male standing on it . Nicely timed and the low POV in all your seal images does help your images quite significantly .

Wish you a very Happy new year and hope to learn from you in the coming year .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
12-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Hi Andreas - This works well with all the grey tones, low pov and interesting behavior. In an ideal world the dark line of sand on the left would not be intersecting the eye but not a deal breaker.

TFS and Happy New Year!
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
01-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks Steve , Haseeb and Rachel for comments , much appreciated .

Steve for me it is sharp enough ....:wave:

Cheers Andreas