PDA

View Full Version : Patience...

Steve Kaluski
12-29-2016, 07:09 AM
This female Leopard was stalking a heard of Impala and used the cover of the tree to conceal herself. Again, I spent almost 2 hours with her, as she quietly watched, manoeuvred in the tree and stalked her prey on the ground, she still sadly missed the kill for both her and her young cub. Good to watch & observe.

For me the slight clipped paw isn't an issue, it's more the focus/gaze.

Thanks to those who viewed or posted a comment on the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Leopard (Panthera pardus) in tree watching a heard of Impala
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/3200s at f/8 ISO3200 EV+0.33
Original format: Landscape, slight crop for presentation top, L&R
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2017

Rachel Hollander
12-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Hi Steve - Nice colors and handling of the exp with dappled light hitting the leopard. For me, as presented, the clipped paw is not ideal. I would crop in from the right and below. Something along these lines.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
12-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks Rachel, but I still prefer the OP, it's as if the paw is almost steadying her, resting on the trim. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Hi Steve this is technically ... well cannot find the right words ...:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Well controlled exposure .... over the top !!!!
Looks like you have created an artificial fill flash ..... without being look like a flash was used .
Cool pose/gaze of the subject .
The clipped paw is not ideal from my POV and it should be in fully ..... just a minor flaw :wave:
Enjoyed watching this ....
TFS Andreas

Alex Becker
12-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Hi Steve, the image quality and detail here is awesome. In particular I really like the eyes and the focus they show. I agree about the clipped paw, but I would be over the moon to get this sighting and frame. Thanks for sharing this

Morkel Erasmus
12-29-2016, 02:13 PM
You did expose this very well. I like both your and Rachel's version, but I think I too prefer it with the crop she suggested, ever so slightly.
Agree - always good to spend the time and learn more about the subject's behaviour, can only benefit all future photographic sessions with the species.

Julie Rathbone
12-29-2016, 11:36 PM
Love it, crop is good too...awesome image, exciting experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haseeb badar
12-30-2016, 05:04 AM
Hi Steve - Very nicely exposed and I liked that intent look from the Leopard . I liked both the versions but more inclined towards Rachels's RP as I feel the clipped paw is somewhat hurting the frame from my POV . But a lovely image overall .
TFS !