PDA

View Full Version : Theme One Horned Rhino

Andreas Liedmann
12-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Hi folks a quick change from my seals for just throwing a tight head shot of this wonderful Rhino into the ring ....:t3
Image taken somewhere in northern India ....
Best place on earth to see this special creatures ....loved every encounter with them .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200-400 with engaged TC ( 560 mm)
HH from safari jeep

F 6,3 ; Iso 10.000; 1/1250 sec

Processed with Capture One Pro 10 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp from bottom , no more space on all sides .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
12-29-2016, 04:58 AM
Just love the textures and details here, Andreas.
Yes, a tad tight all around but that has helped me focus nicely on the skin and features, so works for me as posted. In that vein I might even consider cropping to square from the bottom?

haseeb badar
12-29-2016, 05:45 AM
Hi Andreas -- Agree with Morkel has to say , tightness in the frame dosent bother me either , instead it takes the viewer directly to its amazing features. Lovely details and sharpness at this size considering the high iso . Lovely image .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
12-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi Andreas - Very nice texture and detail brought out in the hide. I would like more room on the left but since you don't have it, Morkel's suggestion of a more square crop is a good one.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Thanks Morkel , Haseeb and Rachel for your kind comments , much appreciated :wave:

Morkel & Rachel .... i hear your call regarding the crop , i had a square version before posting and did not like it , so i went for the 5x4 crop .

Thanks again Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-30-2016, 03:04 AM
Hi Andreas, with hindsight going landscape would have been better.

The green provides a good backdrop for separation, nice detail and clarity, but personally I might back off on the Blacks or Contrast, but I know why you did what you did. You seem to have better results with C1 than with DPP.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-30-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi Steve thanks for your thoughts ... much appreciated .
I could go a fraction lower on the contrast , but i am ok with the blacks .Agree with you though on the landscape thought , was shooting vertical when this guy approached head on and kept on shooting once he turned .
Well C1 or DPP ..... to be honest i am 60/ 40 DPP .....depending on the image . As i am free in my mind i can move forth and back between the two , as i do work in both only basic stuff just to create a good starting point for the final touch up in PS .
I really like the sharpening and NR algorithm in C1 , keeps more details .Will see what the future brings to me .....with C1 .
Thanks again , Andreas