PDA

View Full Version : Red fox on rock face

D. Robert Franz
12-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Hope everyone had a great Christmas... I'm off tomorrow for a trip to the Grand Teton N.P. This image is from my "Winter in Yellowstone tour in Feb of this year. I have nearly every conceivable composition of this red fox resting in his day bed. Here I wanted to show the fox in the environment. I loved the lichen covered rocks and the diagonal fissure..

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Shutter speed: 1/320 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 640
Lens: EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Focal length: 180mm

Morkel Erasmus
12-27-2016, 06:18 PM
An intriguing shot, Dale! Needs to be seen large format methinks, but I can still appreciate it here.
Love the strong diagonal and the earthy tones and textures that round off this animal-in-environment shot.

Rachel Hollander
12-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Hi Dale - I like small in frame images so this works for me. I particularly like how the line of orange lichen mimics the fissure in the rock face. Enjoy the Grand Tetons and hope the Elk Refuge yields lots of opportunities.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
12-28-2016, 08:02 AM
Dale very well done on even finding this Fox tucked away on that rock face bet it could easily have been missed,lots of interest in the rock texture and that small in the frame Fox makes it for me.

Andreas Liedmann
12-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi Dale i really like the idea behind the shot and i agree this image will show its full potential only when displayed large !!!!! i think .
I like the color palette and the " crack" in the rock formation , well seen and captured .
At this size the fox does look a bit lost in the frame and i think he is fighting with the surrounding elements for attention ....if you know what i mean ?
Just my 2 cents .
Well worth exploring another version with lower contrast in the rock formation and pushing the fox .

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
12-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Hi Dale -- Loved the composition and the idea behind the shot . Yes a larger size will do justice to this image , but still works for me as presented .

TFS !