PDA

View Full Version : Theme Iceland Gull closeup

Isaac Grant
12-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Here is one more shot of one of a pair of local celebrity Iceland Gulls. They have decided to hang out at a local gull spot. Have been here for a couple weeks and are very tame, unlike every other one of their kind that I have ever come across. Shot is full frame and as shot. Really unheard behavior for one of these gulls. I like the white head against the cold and deep blue water.

Canon 7d mark ii and Canon 500 f4 ii. ISO 400, f 7.1, SS 1/1250. Tripod Mounted.

Converted in DPP 4, In PS did I sharpened and applied NR to background.

Bill Dix
12-26-2016, 01:56 PM
A beautiful portrait of a beautiful gull -- almost makes me want to hop in the car to visit your local gull spot. Sharp with loads of detail where it matters, but given your proximity to the bird, and the distant water BG, you probably could have used a smaller aperture.

Isaac Grant
12-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Come on down Bill. I'd be happy to show you around. PM me if you would like. Also, the bird was keeping its distance a bit more and I was set for that. It then flew right in to me, sat for a few seconds and then was flushed by a dog walker. Got the shot off before it left but I agree 100% that it would have been a bit better at say f8 or 9.