PDA

View Full Version : White Duo

John Cooper
06-15-2008, 11:04 PM
The opportunity to capture this image lasted about 3 - 4 mins as the sun peeked through a heavy rainforest canopy illuminating this pair of mushrooms.

EOS 5, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 50, Natural back-light plus silver reflector, F22, Tripod

David Steele
06-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Beautiful John . . . a caring treatment of a delicate subject. I like the composition, background, DOF and especially the lighting.

Julie Kenward
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I stood in the forest this past weekend and none of my mushroom images turned out anywhere CLOSE to this. You really nailed it! Beautiful lighting, great detail - it all works!

David Chauvin
06-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Sweet! Love the soft glow from the 'shrooms.

Sharna Lee
06-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Very nice picture! What a sweet 3-4 minutes! You did excellent here.

Sharna

Lana Hays
06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
John
I've followed your many wonderful fungi images....and marveled at each one. These are beautiful but what really sets them off is the dramatic lighting. They almost remind me of unique candles. Fungi just doesn't get any better than this.

Roman Kurywczak
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey John,
Been awaqy from this forum for a while (busy, busy, busy)................glad i came back to find this. The subject and the lighting are meant for each other. The fact is.........I'm sure you knew this would happen and you proved once again that mushrooms can indeed be stunning subjects. Agree with Lana...........doesn't get any better!

Steve Wheeler
06-16-2008, 07:51 PM
"Fungi just doesn't get any better than this."

THAT'S pretty good... AND TRUE!!!

John... Your deft touch and VERY keen eye for lighting has certainly made me think twice about something we normally walk right past when in the woods. You bring these little guys to life... Thank you for that.

Steve