PDA

View Full Version : St Julians Peak

Luis Patacao
12-20-2016, 05:46 PM
I´ve been busy on these last month and without a decent internet connection. Moving on from my silly excuses.. This one is from about a month ago, in the lovely beach of St Julians, Ericeira in Portugal. This is one of the beaches included in the surfers wishing list because of its extensive sand area and great waves.

What are your thoughts on this, and also regarding the colors?

Techs:
12mm, f11, 2sec at ISO 100

Jonathan Ashton
12-21-2016, 10:36 AM
I find the image very attention grabbing. I wasn't there but I cannot help feel there is too much red/magenta in the image. I like the composition. I think I would try to reduce the reds a bit and possibly lift the darkest areas a tad too.

Andrew McLachlan
12-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Luis...a fabulous scene, well composed. I agree with Jonathan on the red / magenta tones as they do seem a little strong.

Douglas Bolt
12-27-2016, 04:41 PM
I agree with Andrew and Jonathan that reducing saturation and/or vibrance would give the image a more natural looking photo. I wonder if you might try increasing the Shadows slider to the right to bring out a little more detain in the darkest areas of the image. A reverse contrast Curves with a little tinkering would address both issues. Still, it is a wonderful capture of a beautiful scene.

Morkel Erasmus
12-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Wonderful scene and light here Luis.
Agree with the comments above, think you can attain rich red colours without clipping by adding some cyan in the "color balance" tool.
It seems like it could do with a slight CCW rotation, but it might be an illusion?

Don Railton
12-31-2016, 11:10 PM
Hi Luis,

Ditto on the above, Would back off the reds, especially in the FG.. Looks good apart from that..

Jonathan Spool
01-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Hi Luis,
These are my questions. Did you increase the reds in PP?
Did you push the saturation?
Is this how the seen looked like to you when you took the shot (internally and externally)?
Does the finished product bring back the same feeling that being there felt like?

If the finished picture looks like and feels like, other than it looked and felt when you took it, I would say you pushed the reds and saturation somewhat too far. However, if your PP results bring back the look and feel of when you took the shot, it's a beautiful thing and leave it be.