PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla color

Bob Serling
12-19-2016, 09:59 PM
For those of you coming to La Jolla for Artie's IPT, the pelicans are coloring up nicely. Cormorants are just starting to show their crests, but should improve greatly over the next couple of weeks.

Canon 1DX Mark IV, EF400mm DO V2, - 400mm ISO 800, HH, 1/2500 f/5.0

Satish Ranadive
12-20-2016, 02:37 AM
Excellent portrait with beautiful colors and great details.

Regards,
Satish.

Sent from my vivo Y51L using Tapatalk

David Salem
12-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Great to see you back Bob. Hope you are feeling better. Nice portrait of this handsome breeding plumage Pelican. The dark Pacific ocean in the BG really makes him pop. Well done and hope to shot together soon.

Jim Crosswell
12-20-2016, 02:00 PM
I like the open bill, sharpness, colors and rich BG. A little head turn towards us would be nice but its fine as presented. Nice image Bob.

annmpacheco
12-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Wow Bob, colors are terrific. I was wondering what is the ?"spray? to the right and above the pelicans beak? TFS,

Bob Serling
12-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone - I really appreciate it.

Arash - you're absolutely right, the highlights are quite hot. I've brought them down some and pasted it in below. I'm a total rookie when it comes to post processing, so I plan to put some time into getting better than that over the holiday lull.

Dave - Nice to hear from you! I sent you an email off list. It would be great to see you and shoot with you, Glenn and Dave H again.

Ann - Great catch on the spray! It's actually small particles of sandstone grit as the bird had just completed a head throw and the grit flew off its beak.

Here's the re-post, but the image looks tiny. It's the same file size as the original - any tips on making it larger?