PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Helgoland

Andreas Liedmann
12-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Hi folks just back from Helgoland
I had a great week in terms of sightings on the island , large numbers of Seals with lots of new born .
Weather was not on my side , sadly, not a single minute of sunshine .....but nice dark grey skies :bg3: , fog high in the sky and drizzling rain from time to time .
The majority of shots were taken with a minimum Iso of 16k .... so the IQ could be better most of the times , but i have to take it as is .

This image was taken at the pebble part of the three beaches on the Dune ( Name of the Seal location on Helgoland ) . The Dune is part of Helgoland , a little sandy island separated from the main island .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/ 1600 sec ; man EXP

Processed with DPP 4.5 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp and very little pebble gardening

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
12-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Andreas you do yourself an injustice! This is a super shot the quality is excellent, you pick up the finest details in the fur - sheer delight to look at. My only suggestion would be to trim 1cm off the base. I was going to suggest Dodging the left eye a little but I think it is fine.

Andreas Liedmann
12-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks Jon , i was referring to the shots taken at 12.800 and higher that i will post soon over the next days .I left the OOF FG to start with a blurred area . The eye is already dodged ever so slightly
Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Hi Andreas - Definite cute factor with that wave. Nice detail, colors and sharpness. I would crop to more of a pano to remove the lighter band at the top of the frame. Looking forward to seeing more.

TFS,
Rachel

Basil Dardagan
12-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Absolutely brilliant imho !!! Such wonderful inviting colours and great IQ. Add the cuteness and beautiful eye contact and you have a winner. Image has a zen type relaxing feel to it

haseeb badar
12-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Hi ANdreas -- This is a fine image ! Excellent details and lovely muted colours . I liked the pebbles in the FG , really adding to the image . Very nice details in the fur quite similar to the way Steve had managed the same on Rachel's lioness image .

Loved it ! TFS !

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Hi Andreas, enjoying the MKII?

Cracking image, although I might just 'blown in' some more blue along the top for continuity?

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Thanks Rachel, Basil , Hasseeb , Jon and Steve for your kind comments and suggestions , much appreciated .
Rachel & Steve - i am 50/50 on the lighter strip on top of the frame , i hear what you say regarding continuity , but i actually like it as is . Anyway thanks for pointing this out i was also thinking during PP your way :w3.
Cheers Andreas

Steve - yes i enjoyed the MK II :cheers:.... performed well most of the times , specially under the not very nice conditions !!!!